Click on the headings below to learn more about Skill Connect Assessments.
Features and Benefits
We’ve engaged industry, education and policy leaders to ensure that employers will recognize our assessments, help instructors validate their programs and provide career-seekers with proof of what they can do. Skill Connect Assessments are 100% industry driven and defined.
- Interactive – Animations allow assessment of a broader range of competencies than available paper-based or text-only assessments. The assessments are rigorous and relevant.
- Industry-driven – Developed by industry experts. Designed to meet the needs of education and industry.
- Responsive –Real-time assessment capability allows immediate grading and validation on student performance to standards and competencies. Includes instructor reports and printing of a certificate when the student achieves a successful score.
- Diverse – Assesses employability and technical skills in more than 40 unique areas
- Affordable – Designed with budgets of instructional programs and individual career seekers in mind
To maximize the value of the Skill Connect Assessments:
- Coordinate with State CTE Directors and local instructors to ensure Perkins IV alignment
- Print the certificate when a successful score is earned and take it to potential employers
- Engage community industry leaders in the process
With so many assessments available, it can be a challenge to know which one will best meet your needs. Or, perhaps assessments are new to your field. With the SkillsUSA Work Force Ready System, you can trust the team who developed and guided the process.
The assessments will be powered by K2Share.
Don’t just take our word for it – experience it for yourself!
- Click here to try our mini-assessments, available in various unique study areas.
Click here for helpful tips and additional guidelines for instructors and proctors.
“As a student who is going to graduate from high school, I am glad I got the opportunity to earn my Skill Connect Certificate to show employers that I am ready to work for their companies.” –– Student
“Students related to it better than any other assessment they have taken. It was so nice to have the results in the same day! This seems like the way to go with assessments in the future.” –– Instructor
Planning for Perkins IV?
We strongly encourage states to consider Skill Connect Assessments as a documenting vehicle for technical attainment under Perkins IV. We’re here to help you sort through the many considerations in meeting these requirements. Call us to talk about how you can incorporate the Skill Connect Assessments in your school year plan.
Perkins has three avenues to improve the academic and technical quality of career and technical
- Comprehensive sequence of CTE instruction
- Spending directives (flexibility)
Click Here for additional information regarding Perkins IV.
Driven by Industry and Education
Writing assessments that reach more than 40 diverse technical areas takes a tremendous amount of coordination with education and industry leaders. SkillsUSA has been successful for more than 40 years because of its industry partnerships. The Work Force Ready System builds upon those partnerships.
Committees of industry representatives develop standards for each technical assessment. These dedicated leaders ensure periodic updating and relevance to each industry.
SkillsUSA also regularly consults with a Technical Advisory Committee, a group of industry and education leaders who provides thought leadership at major milestones of our development.
The SkillsUSA team is dedicated to fulfilling its mission of empowering students to be champions in the work place. With that mission in mind, we are dedicated to delivering assessments that are differentiated from typical end-of-program assessments in their unique ability to test candidates’ skill levels more accurately.
Professional psychometricians and comprehensive field testing ensure that each assessment accurately measures every candidates’ competency.
Technical Advisory Committee
The Technical Advisory Committee provides guidance and answers to key questions as SkillsUSA builds nationally recognized, entry-level assessments for more than 40 technical areas. The Committee includes esteemed representatives from a diverse group of organizations, including:
- Federal policy makers
- Business Roundtable
- National Association of State Directors of Career and Technical Education Consortium
- American Association of Community Colleges
- National Association of Secondary School Principals
- American Youth Policy Forum
- State CTE Directors and SkillsUSA State Association Directors
- Classroom teachers
- Industry and labor union representatives
Contact us today to learn how you can contribute to the success of the SkillsUSA Work Force Ready System.