Follow the steps below and read the section “Important Information” to ensure a successful test day.
Hardware & Software Requirements: Ensure your hardware & software is test ready prior to test day.
Prepare for Testing
Read the following documents prior to test day.
- Testing Instructions: Detailed steps to administer the assessments
- Pre and post/Retest guidelines
- Permitted aids/tools during testing
- Proctor Agreement & Testing Policy for SkillsUSA: Proctor agrees to adhere to the testing procedures regarding proctor responsibility and confidentiality during the testing session
Enroll/Register Students to Test System: Detailed instructions on how to enroll the student/examinee into the test system. Administrators can enroll prior to testing or the student can self enroll a few minutes before testing.
Take the Assessment Now/Enroll Student
Click on the above link to launch to the test system or browse to http://www.skillconnect.org
Student log on screenshots
Grade Reports & Certificates: Detailed instructions on how instructors or authorized administrators can access student grades, view, print certificates and reports.
- License expiration date: Assessment tests/licenses may be administered anytime after purchase up until the following July 31. The assessments can be scheduled any day or time that a proctor is available for supervision. Unused license are not refundable and cannot be carried over to the following school year or transferred to another assessment area.
- Grade reports expire on July 31st online. Grade reports can be downloaded into excel and saved to your hard drive for future use by clicking the export button in the grade report.
- Time it takes to complete: There are 50 questions per assessment and will take approximately 1 hour to 1.5 hours to complete. The test is not timed. Once the student begins the test they must finish without interruption.
- Accommodations are available for students with special needs. You can configure your computer for Text to Speech where an animated voice will read the test to the student. We recommend using a headphone if the student will be tested with other students. See the Skill Connect Getting Started Guide for technical assistance to configure your computer.
- Passcode protected: All assessments are passcode protected to ensure that they are taken in a proctored environment. The passcodes were emailed to the proctor & assessment coordinator at the time the order was placed.
- Retesting/Pre and Post: Retesting a student who did not pass the first time is permitted by purchasing a second test. Pre and post testing (Start of curriculum/end of curriculum) is permitted by purchasing a second test for the post. If you plan to purchase two assessments/tests for the same student read the instructions under Retesting / Pre and Post Testing.
- Assign a proctor to administer the assessment. A proctor can be an administrator or another professional within the school/organization system. A student cannot proctor the assessment. The proctor is a volunteer position. Your school/organization is responsible for ensuring you are abiding to state education privacy laws when selecting a proctor. SkillsUSA recommends selecting a proctor who does not teach the same area of study as the assessment being administered.
- PC users: Ensure your CAPS Lock & NUM Lock keys are turned off.
- Skill Connect Assessment Getting Started Guide – Technical preparation and troubleshooting guide.
- Contact Us